About | Contact
In order to maintain transparency, I want to let you know a few things about this website and who I am.
- An independent news, information, and emergency preparedness source.
- My personal effort to correct and expose the distorted bias within the mainstream media, while helping people become physically, mentally, and financially prepared for natural, man-made, and economic disasters.
- Funded primarily out of my own pocket and reader donations.
- This web site grew out of my personal frustration and anger at the failure of the mainstream media to inform the American People about U.S. foreign policy, the economy, and the Federal Reserve.
- A source of unreported (or under reported) news from around the world and blogosphere.
- An effort to provide more depth and understanding to current issues.
- I am not affiliated with any particular political party, although I have mostly Libertarian beliefs that span political lines.
- I am not funded or encouraged by any group or organization. I have no agenda other than opening peoples’ eyes.
- While there are a few ads scattered around the site, I try to keep them to a minimum.
- I am not wealthy by any means. I’m just a regular guy trying to change the world a little at a time.
- I work and live in the Oklahoma City metro while building an off-grid shipping container homestead.
A certain former Army Special Forces soldier summed it up best:
This is a non-partisan, non-denominational, centrist channel, open to individuals of all colors, creeds, religions, genders and nationalities. Why do I say that? Simple: division amongst the truly innovative thinkers of the aforementioned groups is what is perhaps most desired by The Powers That Be. We divide, THEY win. End of Game. That being the case, we should remain especially focused on the survival tasks at hand, keeping contentious argumentation to a bare minimum. Time is of the essence.
You can make a one time contribution or recurring monthly donation via secure Credit Card and PayPal!
Please consider becoming a supporter. While I started this blog as a mere experiment in writing and personal ranting, it has grown exponentially beyond anything I could have imagined. Truth is Treason.net averages over 100,000 visitors per month and continues to grow each day while remaining a one-man operation. I would rather receive donations from readers or sell bumper stickers than take on advertisers. You can help directly by donating or by purchasing a sticker! You can also help tremendously by purchasing your everyday items through the Truth is Treason Amazon.com link here or on the sidebar. Just shop as normal, and Amazon will send a small commission to the site for each purchase!
- You can also help by subscribing to the TruthisTreason Feed, which delivers the headlines and articles straight to your email once a day!
- Subscribe to the TruthisTreasonNet YouTube Channel!
- Enter the Truth is Treason Monthly Contest!
- Add ‘TruthisTreason.net’ to email signatures, forums tags, and share on Facebook!
- Most importantly, you can help by sharing the information you read on this site with others.
I am a 31 year old former police officer. I left law enforcement for a variety of reasons, but chief among them was the cold realization that police officers are no longer community-oriented public servants. I was tired of being another cog in the great Police State machine. Being a police officer changed my attitude, my outlook on life, and controlled my personality. After about 5 years, the veil had started to lift and I could finally see it for what it was, prompting me to resign.
Early in my police career, I experienced the devastating effects of Hurricane Katrina and the societal collapse in New Orleans. It changed my perspective and priorities, along with showing me just how primal many people can become within a few shorts hours of a disaster. It eventually taught me just how quickly police officers can become killers, thieves, and a disgrace to the badge.
I started getting into politics and emergency preparedness shortly before I resigned and am now a very passionate advocate of freedom, personal responsibility, radical self-reliance, and off-grid survival. I campaigned for Ron Paul in his 2008 Presidential bid and although he didn’t win, I am thankful to say that due to the hard work of many, many dedicated Ron Paul supporters in New Orleans, we were able to get him on the ballot and I voted for him.
Through my activism in New Orleans, I was drawn into politics on many levels, including radio commentary. I co-hosted the Truth is Treason Radio show on the Oracle Broadcasting Network (Operated by Doug Owen of BlackListedNews.com) and loved every minute of it.
After deciding to move away from New Orleans and the Gulf of Mexico, I found myself in the middle of the country: Oklahoma. Here, I have continued to impart the ideals of freedom and personal responsibility, including preparedness, off-grid power, local economies, competing currencies, defensive firearms, and unique architectural designs. I have learned quite a bit about urban gardening, construction, and small-space design, as well. Lately, I have been able to devote more time to this website and continue meeting new and interesting people, help other websites get on their feet, and instruct firearms courses more often.
Oklahoma City has certainly surprised me with its creative side. I’ve discovered that this region holds a wealth of political activists, out of the box thinkers, and many more unique characters. I have also noticed the rather strong, faux-Tea Party/Neocon presence here, but I suppose it comes with the territory.
I love to take adventures, whether it be traveling to Burning Man, a simple weekend in the woods camping, flying around Las Vegas, or exploring the historic depths of my beloved New Orleans. Life is about enjoyment, learning, and experiencing new things.
Currently, I am in the process of building a homestead structure out of shipping containers on 3 acres I purchased shortly after moving here. You can read about that
endeavor one-man circus act over at my dedicated blog, ElysianFieldsProject.com.
Another passion of mine, as witnessed on this site, is the education of people to the dangers in their foods, the political lies they are being fed, the warped agenda within the mainstream media, and how to steady themselves for devastating incidents. Survival and preparedness, Big Pharma, conspiracies, cancer research, and zombies are some of my favorite topics to chat about socially, so feel free to send me an email with questions, comments or rants! Or even to say hello! I love to hear from my readers!
I strive to bring a bit of everything to this website in order to allow you to form an opinion on some of the most controversial, most important, and under-reported news stories of the day. I also try and present easy to do projects and ideas to help those of you, who like me, have a love for the weird, the geeky, and the unusual.
– Kevin Hayden
Sharing the Love
My articles have been shared or posted on a variety of websites, which I must thank. Without this exposure, TruthisTreason.net wouldn’t have as many readers as it does today! Some of the sites my articles have been featured on are:
- www.SHTF Plan.com
- www.BeforeItsNews.com and many more!
Some of the content on TruthisTreason.net is supplied by other sites [which are named and given full credit] and is reproduced here in accordance with 17 U.S.C. § 107. TruthisTreason operates with a non-profit mission of educating readers about national and global news, issues regarding social justice, health education and events that can change the global landscape. All information used herein is for the express purpose of education.