Truth is Treason.net – Kevin Hayden
FOX – Fair and Balanced! CNN – The Most Trusted Name in News!
Have you always thought that FOX News was some sort of “Republican / Conservative” supporter while CNN was the “Democrat / Liberal” channel?
I’ve long said that the Red vs. Blue mentality of America is what is really holding us back. Is it our greatest problem? Most certainly not, but it does contribute to the nonsense among us. Ever since grade school, we are each indoctrinated into thinking we belong to the Blue Team or the Red Team. The level that this is ingrained into us is only strengthened when we reach high school and college., begin to enter the business world or take on careers.
We need to step away from the television and stop giving it such god-like powers. FOX News and CNN do not care about you. They are after ratings and viewer shares. They are not reporting the actual news that effects you; instead they report the news that makes your heart beat. The terror bulletins, celebrity news, etc. They will create a segment on any topic as long as it has shock value in one form or another.
Attack the Tea Party and then turn around and during the next show, support the Tea Party.
We need truly legitimate, unbiased journalism in this country but that will never return. Money, politics, greed, power and fear… these will always stop the Truth from spreading. A news and information start-up called, ‘Break the Matrix’ attempted to do just that, but failed after in-fighting and a loss of direction ensued. (See also: Why Break the Matrix Failed)
Is this website 100% unbiased? No. But I strive to show both sides of the argument and let you, the reader, decide what path to follow or investigate further.
The mainstream media in this country have been bought and paid for. They run an agenda that parallels politics and if you think your local newspaper or newschannel is unbiased, think again. Most fall under a parent company, such as News Corp. These large, umbrella-like corporations run hundreds and thousands of information points; newspapers, consumer products, newschannels, websites, etc.
What do Marlboro cigarettes, the New York Post, the LA Lakers, 85% of Australian newspapers, Playboy, MySpace and FOX News have in common?
They all fall under the auspice of Rupert Murdoch. Mr. Murdoch runs News Corporation and controls an incredibly large amount of information and influence.
FOX News alone fills close to 50% of American households with their point of view.
What do nuclear power plants, Military hardware, Microsoft, trains and NBC have in common? They are all affiliated with or produced under the General Electric brand.
Check out some of the numbers below to see just where YOUR news and information come from. After all, the news that we hear is what we base a majority of our global opinions and thoughts on. If you are listening to a source on a particular agenda, rest assured your news will direct you in the same manner.
GENERAL ELECTRIC –(donated 1.1 million to GW Bush for his 2000 election campaign)
((If anyone has the campaign figures from the latest Presidential election, send them to me and I’ll get them posted))
* NBC: includes 13 stations, 28% of US households.
* NBC Network News: The Today Show, Nightly News with Tom Brokaw, Meet the Press, Dateline NBC, NBC News at Sunrise.
* CNBC business television; MSNBC 24-hour cable and Internet news service (co-owned by NBC and Microsoft); Court TV (co-owned with Time Warner), Bravo (50%), A&E (25%), History Channel (25%).
The “MS” in MSNBC stands for Microsoft.
The same Microsoft that donated 2.4 million to get GW bush elected.
* GE Consumer Electronics.
* GE Power Systems: produces turbines for nuclear reactors and power plants.
* GE Plastics: produces military hardware and nuclear power equipment.
* GE Transportation Systems: runs diesel and electric trains.
WESTINGHOUSE / CBS INC.
Westinghouse Electric Company, part of the Nuclear Utilities Business Group of British Nuclear Fuels (BNFL)
Who’s #1 on the Board of Directors? None other than:
Frank Carlucci (of the Carlyle Group – Google them!)
* CBS: includes 14 stations and over 200 affiliates in the US.
* CBS Network News: 60 minutes, 48 hours, CBS Evening News with Dan Rather, CBS Morning News, Up to the Minute.
* Country Music Television, The Nashville Network, 2 regional sports networks.
* Group W Satellite Communications.
* Westinghouse Electric Company: provides services to the nuclear power industry.
* Westinghouse Government Environmental Services Company: disposes of nuclear and hazardous wastes. Also operates 4 government-owned nuclear power plants in the US.
* Energy Systems: provides nuclear power plant design and maintenance.
VIACOM INTERNATIONAL INC.
* Paramount Television, Spelling Television, MTV, VH-1, Showtime, The Movie Channel, UPN (joint owner), Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Sundance Channel (joint owner), Flix.
* 20 major market US stations.
* Paramount Pictures, Paramount Home Video, Blockbuster Video, Famous Players Theatres, Paramount Parks.
* Simon & Schuster Publishing.
DISNEY / ABC / CAP (donated 640 thousand to GW’s 2000 campaign)
* ABC: includes 10 stations, 24% of US households.
* ABC Network News: Prime Time Live, Nightline, 20/20, Good Morning America.
* ESPN, Lifetime Television (50%), as well as minority holdings in A&E, History Channel and E!
* Disney Channel/Disney Television, Touchtone Television.
* Miramax, Touchtone Pictures.
* Magazines: Jane, Los Angeles Magazine, W, Discover.
* 3 music labels, 11 major local newspapers.
* Hyperion book publishers.
* Infoseek Internet search engine (43%).
* Sid R. Bass (major shares) crude oil and gas.
* All Disney Theme Parks, Walt Disney Cruise Lines.
TIME-WARNER TBS – AOL (donated 1.6 million to GW’s 2000 campaign)
America Online (AOL) acquired Time Warner–the largest merger in corporate history.
* CNN, HBO, Cinemax, TBS Superstation, Turner Network Television, Turner Classic Movies, Warner Brothers Television, Cartoon Network, Sega Channel, TNT, Comedy Central (50%), E! (49%), Court TV (50%).
* Largest owner of cable systems in the US with an estimated 13 million subscribers.
* HBO Independent Productions, Warner Home Video, New Line Cinema, Castle Rock, Looney Tunes, Hanna-Barbera.
* Music: Atlantic, Elektra, Rhino, Sire, Warner Bros. Records, EMI, WEA, Sub Pop (distribution) = the world’s largest music company.
* 33 magazines including Time, Sports Illustrated, People, In Style, Fortune, Book of the Month Club, Entertainment Weekly, Life, DC Comics (50%), and MAD Magazine.
* Sports: The Atlanta Braves, The Atlanta Hawks, World Championship Wrestling.
NEWS CORPORATION LTD. / FOX NETWORKS (Rupert Murdoch)
* Fox Television: includes 22 stations, 50% of US households.
* Fox International: extensive worldwide cable and satellite networks include British Sky Broadcasting (40%); VOX, Germany (49.9%); Canal Fox, Latin America; FOXTEL, Australia (50%); STAR TV, Asia; IskyB, India; Bahasa Programming Ltd., Indonesia (50%); and News Broadcasting, Japan (80%).
* The Golf Channel (33%).
* Twentieth Century Fox, Fox Searchlight.
* 132 newspapers (113 in Australia alone) including the New York Post, the London Times and The Australian.
* 25 magazines including TV Guide and The Weekly Standard.
* HarperCollins books.
* Sports: LA Dodgers, LA Kings, LA Lakers, National Rugby League.
* Ansett Australia airlines, Ansett New Zealand airlines.
* Rupert Murdoch: Board of Directors, Philip Morris (USA).
*(Phillip Morris donated 2.9 million to George W Bush in 2000)*
Tiny URL for this post: http://tinyurl.com/3gmv4of